Sunday, February 1, 2015

Project Life 2015 Week Three

This was a very busy week for us, I am so surprised I got anything creative done! We are having a major snowstorm right now, so I am hoping to start working on week four today. Of course, there is this little football game that is happening tonight, and we are supposed to have a party for it, but we will just have to see what the weather does. I am content to stay at my scrap table with my space heater! 

This week, I challenged myself to only use my January Swag Bag from Paper Issues. I had already received my February Swag Bag, so I knew if I did not get it out, it would not get used right away! The Swag Bag is the only subscription I receive as of now, and I really love it. I had almost everything I needed to complete these two pages (I just had to add a couple of 4x6 cards) with even some embellishments left over. You seriously need to check it out! At $9.99, it has got to be the best bargain out there! They usually sell out quickly, but if you start a subscription, you get first dibs. There is no commitment to buy, but if you skip a month, you don't get to order early - you just have to remember to order once they go on sale. So far, I have ordered each kit since November. There is almost always a code for 20% off, just check the blog for the current code. I have checked out other subscription services, but most require a 6 month commitment, have cancellation fees, etc. I guess I am just afraid of commitment, lol. I have been able to purchase some of the Gossamer Blue and Studio Calico kits from a Facebook shop group I am part of, so I think I will stick with just Paper Issues for now! Some other kits that look good are Creative Retreat and Take Ten, but I have yet to order from either. I did purchase the September Creative Retreat kit from my Facebook shop and swap group, and it was super cute. I am mostly interested in embellishment kits right now, as my card supply is getting a little *cough* out of control...

Week three had a lot going on, including a dead car battery, a funny discovery, some yummy meals, home-cooked and not-so-home-cooked, time spent with family, a day to scrapbook, and the not so great allergic reaction!!!

On to this week's pages! For the left side, I used my weekly card from my Project 52 core kit, and cards and embellishments from the PI swag bag. I did have to add a couple of 4x6 cards to this side, as the PI kit does not contain a lot of 4x6 cards. I also tried (again) to use my stamps! I might have purchased three new sets this week - but hey, they were a good deal! :) I also used a couple of stickers from my stash for the "best meal ever" card, but all of the rest of the embellishments on this page are from the PI kit.


For the right side, I also used cards from my PI kit, except for the 4x6 in the bottom right corner. I was able to piece two of the 3x4 cards together for the bottom left corner. So many things I loved about these cards. First, the "you are loved" 4x6 worked perfectly for my story about how Kirby is having a hard time with me working full time. Second, the middle row right card says "chocolate nut" which worked perfectly for the chocolate bar Kirby ate. I just added "our dot the" with my Pebbles roller stamp, and doodled a box around "chocolate nut." Perfect. The only embellishments I added from my stash for this side was the triangle washi tape from CTMH, and the white photo stickers (MAMBI), everything else is from the PI kit. I still have embellishments left over!


I had a couple of extra pictures I wanted to add, so I used a CTMH 3x4 flip flap to add those:


I hope you enjoyed this week's pages! Challenge yourself this week to do something different, it was a lot of fun, and made me feel pretty creative. 

Danica



No comments:

Post a Comment