Friday, March 13, 2015

Finally getting started on my Disney album!

My scrap weekend with my gal pals was a productive one. I got caught up on my 2015 album, and got a great start on my Disney album from our 2013 trip. I have decided to do this album primarily Project Life style, with a few traditional layouts here and there. This was a big trip for us, 11 days, so I have lots and lots of pics (2400 to be exact - eek!), and I knew there was no way I could scrap this traditionally. It took me forever to finish the album from our 2010 trip, and it was only a three day trip! Before we even left, I purchased some of the Say Cheese line from Simple Stories, and stumbled upon Project Mouse. I purchased some of their printables, and I have been working on having those printed at Office Depot. Of course, Simple Stories just released Say Cheese II, so I did get a few things from that line. It would be so easy to get it all, but I think I have enough now to scrap two or three more trips! 

On to the pages. Warning: This post is picture heavy - I got 11 pages done! Here is my title page:


I am trying to decide if I should add the dates to this page, maybe with my date stamp in the blank white circle on the bottom right??

A close-up of the Disney title. I have had this sticker in my stash since 2010, I just never used it for that album. The 2013 is from a pack of Thickers. Everything else is either Say Cheese or Say Cheese II.


The first part of my album is all pre-trip stuff. Booking, planning, counting down, etc. I started the planning for this trip in June of 2012, one full year before our trip. It was a bit of an obsession, but it was all worth it!


I added my little notebook that I took notes in during the planning phase:





I had many crafty projects that kept me busy during the year of planning:



And then the countdown. I started at 30 days. The Mickey bar, Pluto, Goofy, etc. cards were images Disney put out for people to use on Facebook. I loved them so much, I saved them to my computer, and had them printed to use in my book!







That is what I have done so far! Next, I will move on to the actual trip! I am almost done printing the cards, and have been working on organizing them. I plan to organize the album by days, keeping things in chronological order. Sahlin Studio (Project Mouse) had some super cute day cards that I purchased for this purpose. 


I will be using the chevron cards this time, but I really liked the simplicity of the black and white cards - maybe for a future trip album?!

Please let me know if you have any questions about these pages or the products I used!

Danica



No comments:

Post a Comment