Sunday, March 29, 2015

Online Crop Inspiration

Back again today, but with something a bit different! Last week, the Paper Issues team sponsored an online crop, with various challenges. Normally, I just do my Project Life pages, and I thought I would just enter the challenges with my Project Life pages, but I was inspired to get back to my roots as a 12x12 scrapper! I did enter some of my PL pages, but here are the 12x12 pages I completed this week for the challenges.

The first challenge I knew I wanted to do was for a spot on the PI design team. The challenge was to scrap myself. Earlier in the week, Kelly from PI said to take a selfie and have it ready to scrap for the DT challenge. I tried, but I am horribly awful at taking selfies, it just is not my thing! I got out the big camera, and had Ellie snap a few pictures, and wow, did she do a great job! Here is my layout with that very picture:


I used a variety of products on this layout. The background paper is by Basic Grey, from their Urban Prairie line. I have had it in my paper bag for about 4 years  - it was time to use it! The pattern was a bit bold and distracting, so I toned it down with this vellum from American Crafts, from their DIY Shop line. The papers/cards behind my photo came from the Paper Issues March swag bag. I think most of them are from Simple Stories, I Am. I used ephemera from the Crate Paper Craft Market line, plus Simple Stories stickers from their I Am line. Everything else is from my stash. 

My next page was for Jen's Sketch Challenge. Here is the sketch:


And here is my take on it:



I had fun with this one! I have had this picture of Olivia for a couple of years. I was trying out Mpix for printing Instagram photos, so I just printed all of the ones I had on my phone. I loved them, but they were so tiny, I just did not know what to do with them! This was the perfect challenge for it. I had fun picking out cards from my stash. I went with cards from the Happy core kit. I also used my new Color Theory Blush Crush mini mist to add something to the plain white background.

My last challenge was Mary-Ann's Grid Challenge. I had pinned this sketch on Pinterest from Bella Blvd.


I had more of those tiny photos from Mpix, and this layout worked perfectly for them. I loved the rainbow and paint splatter cards I had received in my March swag bag, so that is where I started with my color inspiration. The other papers come from CTMH, the Lollydoodle, Dream Pop, and Free to Be Me kits.



I had so much fun participating in these challenges! It felt good to do some 12x12 pages - I might just start including a few in my Project Life albums!

Danica

No comments:

Post a Comment